Microneedling is a pioneering cosmetic treatment that tackles a variety of aging effects. It’s also referred to as skin needling because of its potency to increase the skin’s collagen production.
• As stated by a doctor who performs the best hair transplant in Delhi, micro-needling takes into account the utilization of a skin roller fitted with tiny needles to result in minor skin injuries.
• Even though micro-needling is primarily used as an age-defying skin treatment, the procedure also finds extensive use for treating hair loss.
• The same method of the creation of wounds in the skin is likewise believed to cause regeneration of the health of the hair follicles.
• Microneedling is deemed to precipitate new hair growth.
• Moreover, it may help in thickening hair damaged because of androgenic alopecia also known as male pattern baldness.
Also Read: Hair Porosity – Find The Type You Have
What hair loss benefits can microneedling bring about?
• At the outset, microneedling had its reputation earned some time in the 1990s as a scar removal treatment.
• Since then, it’s effectiveness as a possible substitution treatment for both androgenic alopecia and alopecia areata is studied on a large-scale basis.
• In addition to the production of collagen fibres in the skin which helps fade away acne scars, microneedling is surmised to induce the generation of stem cells within the hair follicles which in turn, may trigger hair growth.
• As per a leading cosmetic surgeon from a clinic that offers the best hair transplant services in Delhi, the procedure is also known for stimulating the absorption of medications and products used for treating hair loss.
• These include:
o Minoxidil (Rogaine)
o Platelet-rich plasma
o Topical steroid
• Microneedling is believed to bring in potential benefits when used in conjunction with a topically applied corticosteroid medication for the treatment of alopecia areata.
How does microneedling work?
• In the course of microneedling, your healthcare provider will be using a roller device with needles attached to it.
• The length of the needles can vary from less than 1 millimeter to a few millimeters.
• All the needles are contained in the roller, a handheld device which when glided over the area of treatment causes tiny injuries.
• Speculations are prevalent about the efficiency of microneedling in prompting the release of stimulants responsible for stimulating hair growth by creating minor injuries.
• A topical anesthetic will be applied to your scalp by your healthcare provider roughly 45 minutes before the start of the treatment.
• This relieves pain, if any, that you may perceive.
• The actual time required for the procedure depends on the size of the treatment area.
• However, as a whole the treatment time is less than 10 minutes.
• According to the best hair transplant doctor in Delhi, after the completion of the procedure, a topical balm or an injection will be applied on the site of the treatment depending on the exact goal that needs to be accomplished.
How to choose a microneedling practitioner?
• A microneedling procedure is generally performed by certified professionals specializing in skincare.
• According to the best hair transplant expert in Delhi these professionals include cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists.
• Since microneedling isn’t a surgical procedure there are usually minimum risks involved.
• Nonetheless, still, it’s advised to get hold of a trained, seasoned professional to minimize the chances of post-procedural complications like scarring.
• After you have been able to find some prospective providers, set up a consultation with each of them to gain a better understanding of their experience and estimated treatment costs.
• A renowned microneedling provider will give you a demonstration of the portfolio of their work.