Breast Lift Surgery in Delhi
As women’s breast is as beautiful as it is sensitive and as women get older the breasts lose firmness, shape and start to droop. However with the help of breast lift or mastopexy women can regain firm breasts when the nipple is repositioned higher on the chest wall. Usually, women prefer to have a breast lift as they get older or after having completed their family and deciding not to have any more children.
Reasons for having breast lift surgery
- Weight fluctuations
Thanks to advancement in modern plastic surgery this is now an outpatient procedure now and in most cases the patient can leave after the surgery after the effects of anesthesia wore off.
Getting any kind of plastic surgery is a life style choice and one must sit with the doctor and get full information and then decide to proceed.
Advantages and outcome of getting successful breast lift
- You will have improved breast shape, symmetry, and firmness
- Your breasts will have a perky appearance.
- It would give a major boost to you self-confidence and you can wear dresses which you were avoiding.
Remember this is a cosmetic surgery and effects will diminish after some time
- The effects of a breast lift might slowly diminish due to aging.
- A breast lift will leave some scars, but the incision is very small.
- Not a good idea to get pregnant after having the breast lift.
How breast lift is performed?
A breast lift is performed under general anesthesia which means you will comfortably sleeping when the doctor will perform the surgery. There are different surgical techniques for removing breast skin and reshaping the breasts and the surgeon will select a technique which will give you a better result based on your breast size and shape. The doctor will have to take into consideration your areola size and position and breast sagging so that excess breast skin can be removed and shift the nipple and areola to a higher position. We do our best to hide the scars under the breasts and over time, the scar only gets lighter.
Other useful information
- It is important to share all your previous medical History with the doctor because it might have implications with your procedure.
- Stop smoking cigarettes and consume alcohol six weeks before and six weeks after undergoing surgery to help you heal faster.
- Do not take aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs and some herbal medications few days before the surgery. If you have let the doctor know because it can cause increased bleeding
- Consume high-protein, low-sodium foods, fresh fruits and vegetables and lots of water. Avoid caffeine free beverages along with food and drink containing salt during your recovery.
- Do not get into any strenuous physical activity as it is most critical to your recovery and if you have little children make sure you have support. Also, no lifting of heavy objects or do laundry and cleaning for the first two weeks.
- Take plenty of rests and if you are a working professional plan ahead and take a couple of weeks off from work to recover.